About André Hammel, esq.
Prior to starting law school, André worked for the Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives and the Governor of Florida. For the Governor he served as a liaison between a state agency, with a budget of over $1.1. Billion and the Executive Office. Also while working for the Governor, André started investing in real estate and laid the foundation for the development of a waste management company. For more information please click on this link to download an article from the UF Law Alumni publication.
Prior to starting to Hammel Law, André wrote proposals, reviewed and drafted contracts, including purchase orders and blanket purchase agreements, for a telecommunications company which ranks in the top 20 of Fortune 500 companies.
Attorney Hammel has a broad and diverse collection of academic, professional, and personal life experiences that have uniquely prepared him to be a zealous advocate for his clients.
DeMatha Catholic High School
BS, Political Science with honors, Florida A&M University
- Student Body President University Trustee
J.D., University of Florida, Levin College of Law
- Fellow, Center on Children & Families
- Student of the Year
- President, Law College Council
- Certified Legal Intern Virgil Hawkins Civil Clinic
- Judicial Extern, 8th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida, Family and Civil Division
- Law Clerk, Chestnut Law Firm (www.chestnutfirm.com)
Member, Maryland State Bar Association (Family & Elder Law Sections)
Member, American Bar Association (Family Law Section)
Founder, Hammel Law, LLC
- Legal Counsel to the TC Wallace Foundation
- Immediate Past Chairman, Board of Directors Growing Kings, Inc
- Participant, 2011 Columbia, MD Triathlon
- Advisory Team Member, Envision Prince George’s County
- Member, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.,